Friday, July 23, 2010

Genealogical Research & Consulting for Philadelphia Families

More at http://expertgenealogy.com/?x=Kensington
Historical & Genealogical Research & Consulting for Philadelphia Families, Businesses,& Institutions
I offer genealogical and historical research in Philadelphia area repositories and search records on individuals, families, businesses, institutions, and organizations. I prepare genealogical and biographical sketches of your family members, company officers, institutional directors, or organizational officials. I also consult with you on your genealogical research for your Philadelphia ancestors and make myself available to photograph their tombstones, houses, or other structures where they might have lived, worked, or worshiped. I specialize in studies that combine Kensington and Fishtown history and genealogy in order to place those families, businesses, institutions, and organizations, within a local historical context, bringing them to life more fully then a generalist genealogist, or historian, can possibly do. Although, my specialty is in these Philadelphia neighborhoods, I am also quite capable of providing these same services for subjects in the whole of the Philadelphia Metropolitan area. For examples of my work contact me and I will send a narrative of a family history, biography, or business history, that I published, or was contracted for.
I have an in-depth understanding of Philadelphia’s communities through many years of research and I am able to provide the historical context for your history that will make your unique story come alive. If you would rather write your own family, business, or institutional history, I could still be of value to you by placing your family, business, institution, or organization in context with an introductory historical chapter on Fishtown, or Kensington history. I can also fill in the already written reports that you have researched to enlarge and complete them. I am also available for consulting on those “brick walls” that you may have encountered along the way and if your project falls into my specialty area, it would be quite possible that I could break them down.
If you need general historical research work that might be useful for archaeology, building, engineering, environment studies, the insurance business, urban planning, law, or real estate, I would be especially helpful with these historical neighborhoods of Fishtown and Kensington. I could also help those oral and cultural historians and other academic historians, who do not often venture north of Vine street and who might be interested in publishing work on these communities.
My services are also offered to local and citywide non-profit agencies as well, that might be interested in the modern urban studies of Fishtown and Kensington in order to plan for their programming, or provide historical perspectives for grant writers when seeking funding.

No comments: