Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Family and local history research service for the county of Buckinghamshire England and beyond

More at http://expertgenealogy.com/?x=Buckingham
Family and local history research service for the county of Buckinghamshire England and beyond
I offer a family and local history research service for the county of Buckinghamshire and beyond.
If you have ancestry in Buckinghamshire I can help you discover your family heritage in this historic county. Heritage can encompass all evidence left behind from the past: not just the physical evidence of the past, landscape, monuments and houses, but documentary and oral evidence that reveals people’s memories, their experiences and how they fitted in to the social context of their culture and community. History, both family and local, is confined by what has been left behind but nevertheless much can still be discovered, if the evidence is available, about the most ordinary of lives.
The Internet is a wonderful medium for family history research but it is no substitute for examining original documents. Errors in transcribed indexes on Internet sites can often throw you off trail in your family history research. If your search has gone cold somewhere in Buckinghamshire you may not be able to travel to the county to investigate further. This is where a local research service can be of great help. No research task is too small.
I have been interested in history since childhood: inspired by the most amazing history teacher at senior school. I first became interested in family history when my father in law asked me to trace his mother’s family. Due to tragic circumstances he had lost touch with his mother as an infant. Encouraged by my success at finding his extended maternal family I began researching my own family history, and later, for clients who have ancestry in my home county of Buckinghamshire. I have twelve years experience in genealogical research and have also completed several house histories.
My knowledge of Buckinghamshire is not just confined to the records available in the Centre for Bucks Studies and the several local studies departments in the county. The word of mouth knowledge and contacts, that have accumulated in the many years I have lived in the Great Missenden and Chilterns area have, on occasions, been invaluable additions to my research.

No comments: